MEETING ROOM PROCEDURES
Statement of Policy:
UW-Extension meeting rooms are for educational, informational, and civic meetings, which enhance the role of connecting people with information. Meeting rooms may not be used by individuals or businesses for profit. No fees are charged.
Building doors automatically unlock at 8:00 a.m. and lock at 4:30 p.m. Keep this in mind when scheduling meetings. If meetings start before 8:00 a.m. or after 4:30 p.m. or are on the weekend a key card will be required. Key cards must be checked out one to three days in advance from the Outagamie UW-Extension office.
Room D seats 15 people
Room ABC seats 24-36 people with tables; seats up to 50 with chairs only
Download the Meeting Room Style PDF to see possible room configurations.
Please be respectful – this is a working office! Indoor voices please.
1. To reserve a meeting room, contact the UW-Extension Office at (920) 832-4763 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Rooms are reserved on a first come/first served basis.
2. Notify UW-Extension of meeting room cancellations as soon as possible.
3. Meeting room users are responsible for completing a “Pink Card” with name, date, number in attendance and any additional comments. Return cards to the front counter at UW-Extension. Cards available in each room.
4. Users are responsible for room set up and clean up, and food/refreshments service and clean-up. UW-Extension is not responsible for any food/catering, ordering, delivery, or payment.
5. Any damage to the room, tables, chairs etc. are the responsibility of the user. DO NOT sit on tables. Only “Blue painters tape” is to be used to attach any papers or objects to the walls. This will be located by the flip chart easel in each room.
6. External door propping is prohibited. For meetings held outside of the normal business hours, meeting participants should ring the doorbell to gain access. Someone within that meeting needs to let the people in. If it is a larger meeting, post someone at the door.
7. Extension office does not provide meeting supplies (i.e. paper plates, napkins, plastic ware, utensils, coffee, bottled water, pens, paper etc.), photocopying, room arrangement set up or cleanup for meetings/groups.
8. Per county policy, smoking/alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
9. Concealed carry policies are posted at the door pursuant to WIS. STAT 943.13.
10. For daytime meetings in Room ABC, please use the door signage to indicate meeting room status (i.e. closed meeting, etc.). These are located on both doors in Room C (kitchen).
11. Temperatures are set by the County Maintenance Department for air conditioning and heating. Please do not adjust the thermostats.
Please keep these procedures/information for your records.
MEETING ROOM EQUIPMENT
● Dry Erase Board
● Dry Erase Markers
● Projection Screen
● Wireless Internet Connections
● Rooms are equipped with coffee pot(s), electric tea kettle, coffee cups
o Room ABC has refrigerator, stove, sink, dishwasher, and microwave
o Room D has sink
Equipment Available Upon Request:
● PA System/Microphones
● Extension cords
● Extra chairs
● Extra tables
● Flip Chart Easels (provide own paper/markers)
Please reserve equipment at least one week in advance and arrive 15-30 minutes prior to meeting to set up. For 8:00 a.m. meetings, please make arrangements with UW-Extension staff.
AFTER HOURS MEETING PROCEDURES
1. Room is cleaned, in good order, and lights turned off.
2. Borrowed equipment is left in the room.
3. Please be sure to turn the fans off in meeting room ABC. There are two turn dials – one on each end of the room.
4. If you use the TV in meeting room D, please make sure it is turned off at the end of your meeting.
5. Restrooms are left in good order and lights turned off.
6. After hours: all building doors are automatically locked, and before exiting, the key card should be placed in the drop box located by the front counter near the main entrance.
7. Due to the high meeting room use, failure to comply with the meeting room procedures will result in the loss of privileges to use the rooms.
8. Note: You must be out of the building before 10:00 p.m. Maintenance needs to take care of building needs.