New to the Outagamie County Fair is a Heifer Fitting Contest.
This event is open to all dairy exhibitors in grades 5-13 as of January 1st, 2018.
- Contestants are allowed to have one youth help hold/handle heifer during contest.
- Only the head and legs (up to the hock and up to the knee) are allowed to be clipped prior to the contest.
- Contestants must provide their own fitting equipment.
- Contestants will have 60 minutes to fit their animal to show ready.
- The heifer must be entered to show at the fair.
The following scorecard will be used:
- Ease of handling equipment 20 points
- Proper clipping technique on body 20 points
- Proper topline grooming 30 points (Included blowing and clipping)
- Hair is blended properly 10 points
- Proper use of sprays and adhesives 10 points
- Preparation completely finished 10 points
A fitting demonstration will be done by a professional fitter before the contest.
Download the PDF for more information including how to register.
Fitting Contest PDF