Links of Interest
- Energy on Wisconsin - Contains information for government officials and energy providers about current Wisconsin energy projects and needs. Users can post pictures and videos of energy projects, ask questions and take part in discussions on energy topics. The site also identifies funding and educational opportunities.
- Environmental Resources Center catalog, University of Wisconsin On-Line Catalog - A catalog of adult and family short courses throughout the state.
- N.E.W. Economic Opportunity Study
Northeast Wisconsin has lost thousands of good paying jobs, especially in the manufacturing field. Why is this happening? How do we get our economy moving again, and in what direction? These are some questions addressed by an extensive study headed up by the Workforce Development Boards of Northeast Wisconsin, Bay Lake and East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commissions, UW-Extension and NorthStar Economics. We are in the final stages of a yearlong effort to study the economy and educate people on the subject, as well as marshal all forces to work toward a regional effort. Check out the project and look at the information already collected at the project’s web site: http://www.neweconomyproject.org
- UWEX Local Government Center Programs- Upcoming programming link. lgc.uwex.edu.
- CD Newsletter - Outagamie County Extension, Community Development Newsletter
- Department of Workforce Development
- Department of Natural Resources Smart Growth and Land Use (see land use center)
- Solid and Hazardous Waste Education Center (including energy)
- Center for Land Use Education at UW-Stevens Point
- UWEX Local Government Center
- Outagamie County
What’s Happening in Outagamie County:
- Greater Outagamie County Economic Development Corporation
- Tri Rivers Nature Area
- Fox Cities Economic Development Partnership
- Center for Community Economic Development
- Starting a Business in Outagamie County (8 pages, 163 KB)
- Department of Commerce
- Small Business Administration
- Center for Community Partnerships (UW-Oshkosh) SBDC
- N.E.W. Economic Development Project
- What You Need to Know Before You Write a Business Plan (1 page, 10 KB)